Taylor's College is a well-known pioneer and leading centre of Pre-University studies in South East Asia and the world. Top students in Malaysia and the region have benefited from studying at Taylor's College in a competitive environment that brings out each individual's potential.
As the world's largest centre of pre-university studies offering internationally-recognised programme, Taylor's offers exceptional facilities, including air-conditioned classrooms, a library with a vast collection of books, e-journals and databases, technologically-advanced lecture theatres, science laboratories, a multi-purpose hall, a university placement and resource centre, gymnasium, dance and music chamber, student development centre and many more.
Learning facilities on-campus are specially catered to the students' needs, such as SMART whiteboards, 24-hour learning lounges, collaborative zones, student success discussion rooms, discovery laboratories, computer labs, printing facilities, and so on.
The campus is strategically located in a commercial area in the vibrant and well-planned township of Subang Jaya. Students will find everything they need in this self-contained township, such as mega shopping malls, shops, restaurants, hawker centres, hotels, recreational centres, parks, cinemas, banks and hospitals. More importantly, convenience stores, stationery shops, eateries and banks are within walking distance or a short bus ride away.
Library Library building
Collection (as at June 2014)
- 13,312 square feet of space
- 387 seats for students
||284 – Study carrels, Study tables and leisure reading area
||51 – Study carrels
||52 – Study carrels
- Group Discussion area –Discussions Rooms are given on a first come first served basis and no prior booking is allowed. Any group with 4 or more members can request for a room. Rooms are given for a period of 2 hours per session
- 4 discussion rooms with 6 – 8 seats
- Silent Study area
- Silent Zone area at level 3 & 4 with 103 seats
- Staffed by 2 librarians, 1 library officer and 4 library assistants
- Open 74 hours a week
||7am - 9pm
Facilities and Technology
- 38,611 print volumes
- 1,753 videos and DVDs covering all disciplines
- Over 5,966 eBooks covering all disciplines suitable for Pre-U level
- Over 49 titles current print periodical subscriptions
- Subscribes and give access to 21 electronic full text databases across all academic disciplines relevant to Pre-u
- Wi-Fi access on all three floors
- The Wi-Fi configuration is available in Student Online Portal for download. Students may also obtain guidelines for Wi-Fi Configuration from the Information Desk in the Library.
- Provides “off-campus” remote access to all online electronic databases.
- The login username and password are the same that is used to access the computers in the labs or library.
- Student computer lab with 25 PC Workstations
- Open to students except when used for IL classes conducted by librarians.
- 2 Plasma TVs for display and announcement
- Headphones for checkout
- Students can loan the headphones by presenting their Student ID card at the Lending and Information Services desk
- 2 print on demand printers
- Print on Demand (P.O.D) Service, patrons can print, copy and scan with speed, quality and convenience. Copying, printing and scanning can be done both in black & white and colour. Students may also use their own laptops for printing. Prior to using this service, users have to add the printer to their laptop using the appropriate printer driver. Students can download the manual from the Student Online Portal for step-by-step instructions.
- 2 Computer terminals for Taylor’s Catalogue searching
- Two self-check machines and one 24 hour Book Returns