The programme is designed to develop rational, analytical and innovative approaches to the solution of interior and spatial design problems.
Students are able to develop their visual and intellectual sensitivity in understanding the nature of interior and spatial design requirements, which transcends functional adequacy and challenges accepted norms. Emphasis is placed on their ability to identify, analyse, formulate, conceptualise and develop ideas into creative and practical interior spaces.
By the end of the programme, students will be equipped with knowledge of design, communication and management processes that are essential to the practice of interior architecture, and develop an understanding of this field from a global perspective. Industry Recognised Programme
Holistic Approach to Interior Architecture
- Programme is developed in-line with the guidelines of Lembaga Arkitek Malaysia (LAM) or Board of Architects Malaysia and appraised under the same rigour as the Architecture programme.
Strong Technical Focus
- In-depth knowledge in approaches and solutions to design process within the context of interior design, through the experience of site studies, manipulation of space, strategic re-use of existing buildings, remodeling, lighting, virtual environments, ergonomics, and detailing via modules such as Interior Design Projects I - III.
- Develop understanding of behavioural sciences and furniture design, as well as understanding of interior spaces via modules such as Environmental Psychology, Furniture Design, and Materials & Finishes.
- Design complex interior architecture spaces according to clients’ needs, and effectively manage a construction project, through Interior Design Professional Practice I and II.
Learning Beyond the Classroom
- Develop in-depth understanding of architectural science and technical aspects of buildings, via modules such as Building Science & Services, and Detailing & Working Drawings.
Dynamic Internship Programme
- Gain valuable industry exposure and enhance learning through participation in field trips and an international study trip (Activity Week).
- 6-month practicum to develop practical and relevant skills for future employment.
|Taylor’s Foundation in Design (FID)
||Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
|Taylor’s Diploma in Interior Design (DID)
||Pass with min. CGPA 2.00
|Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
||CCC with min. CGPA 2.00 including Pengajian Am
|Unified Examination Certificate (UEC)
|South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
|Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
||Min. average of 55% in 6 subjects
|International Baccalaureate (IB)
||Min. 24 points in 6 subjects
||Students with other qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
||Pass in Art in SPM or Visual Aptitude Test (VAT)
Note: All information is correct at the time of update (November 2013) and is subject to change. Duration:
||79 (Internet Based Test)
|Students who have completed a full year preparatory / foundation study in English may be exempted from meeting the English requirements.
|Improve your English at Taylor’s Centre for Languages (TCL)
3 ½ years Intakes:
March & AugustFurther Studies:
Students may complete their degree at Taylor's. Career Options:
- Computer-Aided Design Specialist
- Commercial Space Consultant
- Design Consultant
- Event / Exhibition Designer
- Film, TC & Stage Set Designer
- Gallery / Museum Curator
- Furniture Designer
- Industrial Designer
- Interior Architect / Designer
- Project Manager / Specialist
- Product & Packaging Designer
- Theater Designer