School of Engineering
- Managing Projects for Success
- Condensation Heat Transfer
- Engineering Education
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Sustainable Construction
- Safety, Health and Environment
- Involved in the drafting of the Energy Efficiency Masterplan for Malaysia.
- Numerous safety audits for chemical facilities as well as the production of safety data sheets according to GHS and REACh regulations.
- Professional training in the areas of Project Management.
Guest Lectures Delivered
- Lim, S.S., Namasivayam, S. and Tan, B.T. (2012) Application of TRIZ in the Accreditation of Engineering Education International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, Vol. 3 No. 2
- Gamboa, R. A. and Namasivayam, S., (2011), An Automated Outcome-Based Education Assessment Template for KDU Engineering Programmes, 1st National Conference on Active Learning - NCAL 2011, Melaka, Malaysia.
- Balakrishnan, S. and Namasivayam, S., (2011), An Energy Efficiency Masterplan for KDU University College: Part 1, 3rd Curtin University of Technology, Science and Engineering (CUTSE) International Conference, Sarawak, Malaysia.
- Namasivayam, S., (2011), Target Based Education: A Simple Guide, International Engineering and Technology Education Conference (IETEC) 2011, Taylor’s University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Guidelines for Malaysian Industries Part 2 – Thermal Energy Use Equipment (2010), to be published by the Malaysian Green Technology Centre (formerly the Malaysian Energy Centre – Pusat Tenaga Malaysia, PTM).
- Millett, S., Pemberton, M. and Namasivayam, S., (2009), Impact of GHS on Safety Data Sheets, British Malaysia Chamber of Commerce Magazine, September/October Issue.
- Namasivayam, S. and Briggs, A., (2007), Condensation of Low Pressure Steam on Integral-Fin Tubes – Effect of Vapour Velocity, Journal of Heat Transfer, Trans. ASME, 129, 1486-1493.
- Namasivayam, S. and Briggs, A., (2006), Condensation of Atmospheric Pressure Steam on Integral- Fin Tubes – Effect of Fin Height and Vapour Velocity, 13th Int. Heat Transfer Conference, 13-18 August 2006.
- Namasivayam, S. and Briggs, A., (2005), Condensation of Ethylene Glycol on Integral-Fin Tubes – Effect of Fin Geometry and Vapour Velocity, Trans. ASME, 127, 1197-1206.
- Namasivayam, S. and Briggs, A., (2004), Effect of Vapour Velocity on Condensation of Atmospheric Pressure Steam on Integral-Fin Tubes, Applied Thermal Engineering, 24, 1353-1364.
- Namasivayam, S. and Briggs, A., (2004), Forced-Convection Condensation of Ethylene Glycol on Integral-Fin Tubes, Proc. 2004 ASME Int. Mechanical Engineering Congress ad R D & D Expo, Nov 13 - 1, 2004.
Awards & Honours
- Workplace Safety and Office Ergonomics, Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNiTEN).
- Numerous international awards including the prestigious Frederic Barnes Waldron Award and the Young Member of the Year Award for Member Engagement – both awarded by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) United Kingdom.
- Chartered Mechanical Engineer with the Engineering Council, United Kingdom.
- Corporate Member with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) United Kingdom.
- Registered with the Board of Engineers, Malaysia.
- Honorary Secretary, IMechE Malaysia Branch.
- Regional Young Member Representative, South East Asia Region, IMechE.
- Inaugural Chairman of the Young Member Section, IMechE Malaysia Branch.
Back to staff list