- Social and Cultural Impacts of Tourism
- Tourist Destinations – South East Asia
- Tourism & Hospitality Environment
- Cultural Heritage Management
- Tourism Geography
- MICE Event Management
- Destination Development
- Special Interest Tourism
- Place Branding & Marketing
- Urban Tourism Management
- Socio-Anthropology of Tourism & Leisure
- Moderator, 11th International World Cultural Tourism Conference, Hangzhou, China, 12 – 14 November 2010.
- Reviewer, 3rd Asia-Euro Conference, Taylor’s University, School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, Subang Jaya, Malaysia, January – November 2010.
- Moderator, Event Management Forum - Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism & Culinary Arts, 2009.
- National Tourism Seminar, Malaysia, Sept 2009.
- Committee for 2nd Asia-Euro Conference, Taylor’s School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts, 21 – 22 November 2008.
- Current supervision of Master’s and Bachelor Degree theses.
- Cultural Heritage, Sociological Field research in the Historical District of Kuala Lumpur.
Conferences & Publications
- Lee K.S., Bouchon F., (2010) Environmentally-conscious events, a green idea in southeast Asia? A study on green practices in events industry. Asia Euro Conference Proceedings, November, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Bouchon, F., Tung, L. and Lim, T. S. (2010) Negotiating Tourism and Urban Development in Contested Heritage Area: A Study of the Historical Nucleus of Kuala Lumpur, 11th International Joint World Cultural Tourism Conference Proceedings, 12 – 14 November, Hangzhou, China.
- Lim, T. S., Bouchon, F. and Tung, L. (2010) A Conceptual Framework of Heritage Selection, 8th ApaChrie Conference Proceedings, 12 – 14 August, Phuket, Thailand.
- Bouchon, F., Tung, L. and Lim, T. S. (2009) Sayangi Kuala Lumpur? Branding Strategies for Metropolitan Areas, Destination Marketing and Branding Conference Proceedings, 2 – 4 December, Macau.
- Tung, L., Lim, T. S. and Bouchon, F. (2009) Awareness of Kuala Lumpur as a Cultural Heritage Destination: Influence of Information Source on Awareness and Behavioural Loyalty of Locals and Domestic Tourists, 10th International Joint World Cultural Tourism Conference Proceedings, 13 – 15 November, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Bouchon F., Thong K. (2008), Showtime for Events! The Event Management Education Gap in Malaysia. Proceedings of the 2nd International ITSA (International Tourism Studies Association) (presentation) - 6/10 November.
- Bouchon F., Ho K., Wong K. Y. (2007), The role of technological advancements in the development of a sustainable tourist destination. ERITA-Asia Annual Seminar 2007 (abstract) – 30/31 October.
- Bouchon F. (2008). Kuala Lumpur, entre mondialisation et fragmentation, Identité urbaine d’une ville multiculturelle. DEA Toulouse 2, September. University of Toulouse, Urban Planning Department- 10 October.
- Bouchon F. (2007). Foreign Languages and a Globalised World: Threat or Opportunity? MICFL Annual Conference August 2007 (presentation) Malaysian International Conference on Foreign Languages (MICFL). 14/15 August.
Back to staff list
- Member - CIEU (Urban Studies, Research Centre, Affiliated to CNRS, France)
- Member - ERITA-ASIA
- Member - TEAM Tourism Educators Association Malaysia
- Member - MFCCI - Malaysian-French Chamber of Commerce