Taylor's in collaboration with leading world-class multinationals, is once again awarding full scholarships to outstanding students with exceptional academic results and leadership qualities in the Taylor's World Class Scholarship (TWCS) 2011. This unique scholarship offers not only financial aid, but also the golden opportunity to intern or train with global brand names.
This marks the sixth consecutive year of the scholarship scheme which has, to date, disbursed over RM7.8 million in scholarships that has benefited 93 students. This scholarship is truly one-of-a-kind, as not only do the recipients benefit from academic and soft skills development, they are also given the opportunity to acquire hands-on experience with world-renowned multinationals.
Unlike conventional scholarships that only provide financial assistance, TWCS recipients are guaranteed practical training with some of the world's most successful companies. The internship is carried out during the semester break of their degree course, and/or as a management training stint upon graduation, providing scholars with global recognition and the added edge to succeed in their careers after graduation.
This year the scholarships are offered in partnership with:
- BMW Group
- HSBC Bank Malaysia
- Leo Burnett
- Mandarin Oriental
- Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
- The Nielsen Company
- Universal McCann
to learn more about these world-class corporations. Participating Schools
Advantages of being a TWCS Recipient
- School of Architecture, Building & Design
- School of Biosciences
- School of Communication
- School of Computing and IT
- School of Engineering
- School of Hospitality, Tourism and Culinary Arts
- Taylor's Business School
- The Design School @ Taylor's
- Full tuition fee waiver for stipulated tertiary programmes conducted at Taylor's University in Malaysia
- Experience World Class internships and / or undergo management training programmes* (a 6-month minimum programme) at leading international corporations (subject to the discretion of the partner corporations)
- Global recognition
* Subject to interview process upon graduationClick here
to find out what the TWCS Recipients (scholarship holder of 2006-2008) have to say Qualifications and Eligibility
The following are the qualifications and minimum entry requirements for the TWCS programme:
||Minimum of 8As (combination of A+, A, A-)
|Taylor's Foundation studies
||Minimum CGPA 3.20 / distinctions in all subjects
|Foundation / Matriculation from other colleges
||Minimum CGPA 3.50 / 85%
||Minimum GPA 3.33 in 3 subjects (minimum Grade C)
||BBB and above
|South Australian Matriculation (SAM)
||TER of 85 and above
|Canadian Pre-University (CPU)
||At least an average of 80% and above
||Maximum 14 points in 6 subjects (excluding Chinese), and must include 5Bs, English minimum B5
Other recognised and equivalent qualifications will also be considered on a case-to-case basis.Verification will be based on actual results. Other requirements:
- Applicants are required to write an essay of 300-500 words in the online application form.
- The essay question: "Tell us about your career aspirations and what you have done to ensure that you would be able to achieve it."
- Applicants must demonstrate an excellent record of extra curriculum activities, participation in clubs and societies, sports, community service and others.
- Applicants must possess good attitude and leadership qualities.
- Applicants must have a high level of English proficiency and good communication skills.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other scholarships, financial aid or award from any education institutions or organisations.
Shortlisting of scholars will be based on the above entry requirements and performance during the face-to-face interview. Application Process Preliminary Assessment:
All online applications will be assessed based on the information provided in the application form as well as on the written essay. 1st round interview:
An interview (via phone or face-to-face) will be conducted with the 1st round shortlisted candidates. 2nd round interview:
Further shortlisted candidates will be required to do a presentation during this interview session with the Scholarship Committee and representative(s) from the partner companies. The online application is now closed. Thank you. Closing Date
Closing date for application is by 8 April 2011
(Friday). Click here
to download the TWCS brochure.Click here
to view the FAQs.
For more details, please call: Taylor's Lakeside Campus: